Lydia Voice optimises parcel sorting speed and visibility for DPD
THE CHALLENGE: SPEED, ACCURACY AND VISIBILITY
- Continued growth in e-commerce has fuelled a need for increased distribution capacity at higher accuracy rates than ever.
- With parcel volumes growing and customer expectations of speedy and reliable deliveries staying constant – the pressure placed on manufactures and logistics firms is increasing.
THE SOLUTION: HANDS-FREE, EYES-FREE
- To meet the rising demand DPD built a £100m Superhub on a 33- acre site in Hinckley, Leicestershire, which can sort up to 72,000 parcels per hour.
- The technology underpinning DPD’s sorting, and routing processes is EPG’s Voice Picking technology which includes the Voxter ® Elite+ designed specifically for EPG’s Lydia ® voice applications.
- With just one button to turn off and on. Everything else is controlled directly by Voice. Both the Voxter voice client and the scanner are specifically designed for high-performance voice solutions supporting the hands-free/eyes-free concept.
- The initial order for 45 units in 2015 has grown to 2000 units in 2020
“The implementation of the Lydia Voice solution has been a huge success since its inception in 2015.”
“Lydia Voice is now a core component in our five hubs and over 70 depots across the DPD network.”
Desmond Smith, DPD Executive Director Network Services